Wednesday, December 17, 2014

On the first night of Chanuka, I did not buy for you...

It's become a holiday tradition. For me, anyway.

Each year, I give my son-in-law the gift of not-giving. Each of the 8 nights of Chanuka, I have something special that I did not buy, just for him!

For the first night of Chanuka this year, I give you- or rather, I don't give you:


Salt and Pants

Why am I not giving you Salt & Pants? I mean, who wouldn't want an adorable salt and pepper set cleverly fashioned to be a cute manikin in a pair of pants?

Well, take a look at how you dispense the salt or pepper:



You peel the guy's pants off, shake black specks out of his trousers onto your food. Then you up-end the guy himself and shake white flakes out of his head onto your food.

No.

Keep your pants on at the table.


NOTE: I selected this gift not-to-give almost a year ago, long before the commercial where the Pillsbury dough-person gets a pair of jeans from a grateful family.