Sunday, December 9, 2012

On the second night of Hannukah, I did not buy for you*...;


On the second night of Hannuka, I did not buy you this**:




This is a can shaped like a roll of toilet paper. What you can't see in this photo is that there is, in fact, a hole on the top of the can, apparently going the length of the can, giving that characteristic ready-to-roll shape.

Since it says "I need T.P." in emphatic type on the outside of the tin (apparently emphatically stated by our pals Beavis and Butt-head), and since it is shaped like a roll of toilet paper, one might surmise that the tin contains toilet paper.

Butt no!

This is a toilet-paper-roll-shaped tin can containing boxer shorts.

I find myself asking:
1. Is this an invitation for skid-marks?
2. Is this an admission that skid-marks are a foregone conclusion?
3. Am I revealing a deep and devestating lack in my poop-cultural literacy?
4. Am I over-anal-izing these issues of tissues?

Whatever the answers to these burning questions, when it came to the Big Moment, I found that I could not bear to buy undies disguised as toilet paper. Or, undies hiding in the can-- disguised as a toilet-paper container.

I couldn't.

So I didn't.

*to clarify: on the second night of Hannukah, I did not buy you this-- nor do I plan on buying this on any subsequent night.

** I wanted to point out that I posted this on night "Number Two". And this is post script "Number Two" heh heh heh.



1 comment:

DannyIndeed said...

1) Indeed, the gap in your poop-cultural literacy is that in fact Beavis, when hopped up on caffeine, goes by the name "The Great Cornholio", and repeatedly and emphatically states that he "needs T.P for his bunghole." I know this likely makes little sense out of context. But let me assure you, it makes even less sense when in context. It's best not to question these things. That way lies madness.
2) No one would appreciate your "number two" post script more than Beavis himself.