Saturday, December 15, 2012

On the eighth night of Channuka, I did not buy for you...

On the eighth night of Channuka, I did not buy for you...*

To wrap up** the not-giving of gifts, I offer you these two:

The Spider-sense Spider-Man Comfy Throw

and

the Spider-sense Spider-Man Bath Poncho.

Each of these items is comfy! Warm! Heroic!

And yet, I did not buy them for you.

Why not? I hear you ask...beg... cry...query***!

It's not a crock!  It's not scatological humor disguised as undergarments (or vice versa)! It's not pandering to laziness! It's not an erotic appliance! It's not a pillow at cross purposes with sleep! It's not something that pisses off your cat! It's not completely inappropriate!

SO WHY DIDN'T I BUY ONE OF THESE?

The answer is quite simple:

I could not find them in your size.

Which, as my 6 foot 3 inch tall nephew informed me, is just wrong. They should make them in adult sizes!

I guess I need to write to the companies.

* Tell me you haven't been singing the title every night.

** wrap up, get it?

*** okay, so maybe I didn't hear you query, but I definitely heard asking and begging.

1 comment:

DannyIndeed said...

Oh, I queried. Make no mistake. Mind you, I don't know what the purpose of a "bath poncho" is. Isn't it just a robe? A Mexican robe? Do I wear it IN the bath? I suppose we'll never know, as it's not my size.