Saturday, May 18, 2024

Mother's Day

 Posted a week later:

This day, May 12, essentially went according to plan. Amazing.

We planned to meet in Kalamazoo- close to halfway for those coming from Chicagoland and from Southeastern Michigan.

We found a dog-friendly restaurant with a patio and prayed for good weather.

We planned to include CM from South Carolina with a FaceTime call.

All those things happened.

My friend CR came to stay with my dog since I would be gone all day.

Son AJ and fiancée JJ drove me to Kzoo (since I had tire sensor and / or pressure issues with my car).

We all arrived at the restaurant at about the right time.  The weather was fine for outdoor dining. The dogs behaved. The grandkids gave snuggles. Auntie CM called and we passed the phone around the table and everyone had a chance to chat.

The food was good.

The weather stayed fine and we found a dog friendly playground nearby and kids and canines all had a an opportunity to stretch their legs and enjoy the fresh air.*

It was really lovely, and it filled my heart.

My son JE and family drove me back to their house after, so I could meet cute foster kittens and get my car and drive home.

The gift from all the kids was a quilt made from Ken's tee shirts. A gift of warmth, comfort, and good memories.




*Remind me to tell you about the child at the playground that seemed to be angling to be adopted by our family!


No comments: