Sunday, December 5, 2021

On the eighth night of Chanukah, I did not buy for you...

 The candles are burning! My DH's* favorite night is night eight, when all the candles are glowing.

 


(If you ask me, night 4's candle looks a little drunk. Hide the Manischewitz.)


It's the Festival of Lights, so I thought about getting you this:



Festival of Lights, Light Sabers, get it?


Also CHOP STICKS, just in time for the Jewish Christmas Holiday tradition of eating Chinese food!

 

What, you thought Jewish folk don't celebrate Christmas? Well, we don't celebrate the religious holiday. Let's face it, though, Christmas is a legal holiday here in the USA. There are traditions.

Here's SNL's take on Christmas time for the Jews. 

I don't know that SNL got it 100% right, but the eating Chinese food has been a thing. 

So, why wouldn't I buy these for you?

I'm not great with chopsticks to begin with, and now we're adding electricity to this adventure?

Also lightsabers are a weapon, am I right? We're looking for Shalom! 

Somehow the blue light in the mouth reminds me of my dentist (although I am told they come in other colors as well. Kylo Red, I think).

No, I'd rather go with a nice, safe, traditional holiday gift for the People of the Book.

A book.

May the Farts be with you.

 

 
 
 
 
*On this particular night, a single asterisk is just to draw your attention to this note, to let you know that DH is my Dear Husband. 

No comments: